The Head of Data Management and CTO of a major European bank tasked us with establishing an Analytics Governance Model that enables the deployment of a self-service model for the use of their Analytics “Sandbox”. They envisioned the Sandbox to be a tool that provides data related services which can reduce time spent on low value data management tasks by data analysts and scientists allowing them to focus on higher priority tasks such as data analytics.
Arrayo’s delivery team has supported the client’s Analytics Sandbox initiative with the following initiatives.
- Analytics process improvement, support and governance:
– Definition of Target Operating Model
– Instituting the appropriate support models by creating service levels(SLAs)
– Create tools to monitor the success of the Analytics Sandbox
– Created best practices in terms of model reuse
- Review, detailed analysis and recommendations regarding the existing and future data strategy for the Sandbox
- Adoption and training program:
– Development and execution of training plan in order to increase utilization/adoption
– Communication and training on Sandbox as a service model
– Supporting business lines set-up and adoption of Sandbox
Arrayo’s delivery team allowed the bank to deploy a self-service model for the use of their Analytics Sandbox. Arrayo has helped establish an Analytics governance operating model as well as an appropriate support model with service levels, tools to monitor success with the Analytics sandbox and best practices in terms of model reuse.
Arrayo has redesigned the data strategy and helped to develop and deploy data management tools (i.e. data catalog).
Arrayo has successfully deployed a training/adoption program across multiple business lines that helped to significantly increase the utilization of the Sandbox by business lines looking for better and more efficient Analytics capabilities.