Regulatory Reporting Business Analyst
Career Path: RTech, DataBridge, AgileData, Connect
Type: Full Time preferred
Seniority: Mid senior level
Location: New York City
Minimum 5 years of experience reviewing regulatory reports and working on regulatory reporting projects.Education
Bachelor of Science degree in AccountingExperience
Experience with data enhancement / data quality projects.
Experience with database management, data sourcing and, application testing.
Proficient knowledge of US regulatory reporting requirements, external reporting control concepts, and financial services related products.
Proficient knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS.
High level degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and database systems used in financial reporting.
CPA Strongly Preferred.
Axiom system knowledge highly preferredDescription
The Regulatory Reporting Business Analyst Consultant has experience in both reg reporting review/preparation/production and reg reporting implementation/automation projects, ideally with AxiomSL. He/she has experience in managing the preparation and timely reporting of regulatory information to various regulatory agencies such as Federal Reserve Bank (FED), New York State banking departments, The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), U.S. Department of Commerce and FINRA. The Reg Reporting BA is also responsible for analyzing regulations updates, and spearheading multiple data quality, process improvement and automation projects.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– The list of regulatory reports includes, but are not limited to the followings;
o Call Report (FFIEC 002/02S), FR Y-7N, FR Y-7, FFIEC 019, FR 2900
o U.S. Department of Treasury International Capital Reports submitted to Federal Reserve Bank of New York
o U.S. Department of Commerce Reports
o FINRA FOCUS, SEC 17-H, SIPC
o Preparation of NSA year-end audited US GAAP financial Statements
o Broker Dealer Regulatory Reports such as;
Daily 15c3-1 net capital calculations
Weekly 15c3-3 customer reserve calculations
Weekly FINRA leverage ratio reporting
– Perform requirement gathering, implementation configuration, scope control, testing and end-user support according to project methodology.
– Act as a strategic partner between the business community and IT development teams to resolve functional and technical issues related to business applications.
– Prepare the BRDs and FSDs with illustrations/prototypes to clearly articulate the requirements by adhering to policy and procedures.
– Perform data mapping analysis to understand the availability and quality of data.
– Document functional test scenarios, test plans and end-user acceptance testing criteria.
– Troubleshoot data or transaction issues and review opportunities to leverage new functionality.
– Resolve functional and technical issues related to business applications.
– Provide input to technical design decisions and business application strategy.
– Participate in various data quality projects to enhance the regulatory data warehouse, analyze the regulatory system logics and perform UAT testing.
– Develop, implement and maintain internal controls procedures.
– Assume process improvement and efficiency projects, including automation of preparation of Regulatory Reports.
– Research and analyze regulatory pronouncements, reporting requirements and other accounting documents, and present analysis of recommendations to Management.
– Establish and maintain communication with the Financial Reporting, Product Control, and IT Groups, and ensure that regulatory reporting requirements are properly addressed on all levels of system and procedural changes, including the introduction of new bank products.
Regulatory Reporting Business Analyst
Submit CV now.
Arrayo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.