Domain: Fintech, HealthTech, HighTech
Career Path: DataBridge, Connect
Type: Full Time preferred
Seniority: Mid senior level
Location: Boston, Cambridge and New York City
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Database Administrator, responsible for supporting business applications, Oracle EBS and internal applications running on Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server.
- Oracle/Sybase Database administration experience on UNIX and Linux (preferably RedHat) environments
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Experience with Oracle Exadata and/or SAP Hana is a big plus.
BA/BS, MS, Ph.D.Experience
Oracle Certified Professional, (OCP) preferred but not essentialDescription
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starting Database Administrator (DBA) to join a Technical Services team responsible for the support of a number of internal and third-party systems. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and communicate well to technical services group, development team and business analysts.
This position is well-suited for a person who wishes to be involved with many different aspects of database administration which includes Oracle/Sybase/SQL Server Database Engineering, AIX/RedHat Linux Engineering, Storage Administration, UNIX scripting, job scheduling for all of the above. This is a very hands-on position as the successful candidate will be supporting, maintaining and improving a number of automated jobs and scripts for the various databases in place.
At Arrayo, you’ll find an empowering environment where people are inspired to do great work, learning and developing quickly as professionals as they fundamentally change the way Data and Analytics Solutions & Services are delivered. Join Arrayo and you will be proud of the team we will be building together.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of Oracle / Sybase / SQL Server databases used by the company.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Responsible for problem escalation to the operations team and third parties as appropriate;
- Work with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources are optimally allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to the production support, system administration and development teams to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for liaising with 3rd party support vendors to ensure consistent out of hours support.
Submit CV now.
Arrayo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.