Career Path: AgileData
Type: Full Time preferred
Seniority: Mid senior level
Location: Cambridge or MetroWest, MA or Greater New York and New Jersey
- Experience with building / supporting / using bioinformatics pipelines
- Experience with statistical and mathematical modeling with genomic data
- Experience with machine learning, Bayesian statistics, clustering/classification, multivariate analysis
- Experience using bioinformatics tools for NGS data analysis, PCR and comparative sequence analysis. Experience with genomic analysis of sequencing data
- Understand the algorithms used in these tools and how they are applicable to your projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of python or perl and UNIX, R and databases. Knowledge of C++/C# or Java is a plus, but is not required.
- Scientific background in NGS, bioinformatics and molecular biology is required
- Knowledge of qPCR, understanding of infectious diseases and oncology is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Computer Science, etc). PhD or Masters in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related field is highly desirable.Experience
0-3+ years professional experience.Description
Contribute to projects that involve PCR primer/probe design, DNA sequence analysis, and NGS and comparative genomics supporting development of assays for detecting Infectious Diseases and Cancer Genomics.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop bioinformatics tools and pipelines for use by other scientists in R&D.
- Analyze massively parallel sequencing (NGS) genomic data
- Apply statistical data analysis to support assay development experiments and guide experimental approaches
- Mentors other scientists in the group through technical assistance, goal suggestion, and growth opportunity suggestion.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with biologists, bioinformatics scientists, software developers and IT staff.
- Able to work independently on complex projects, anticipate and overcome challenges, negotiate requirements and time lines to deliver results.
- Present at internal meetings and conferences.
Submit CV now.
Arrayo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.